L1B to H1B COS

Anand Viswanathan

Hi, 

I have a valid I-94 until this October 2014. My current status is L1B (with a major Indian MNC). My current employer would not do a COS from L1B to H1B. I'm Considering doing a COS from L1B to H1B this year April 2014 through another employer in US.

I understand, If i'm selected in lottery and my COS to H1B petition is approved, then i'm good to start work on H1B from October 1st 2014.

Here is my question:

What if my COS Application to H1B (filed through another employer) is rejected ? will this make my current I94 in L1B status Invalid? will i have to exit the country and also my current employer?

Please clarify as i have to take a decision either to file COS H1B with another employer (or) to apply for L1B extension with my current employer (in case my current I-94 will become invalid if H1B is rejected)..

Appreciate your advice on this...

Thanks

Anand

Hi, 

I have a valid I-94 until this October 2014. My current status is L1B (with a major Indian MNC). My current employer would not do a COS from L1B to H1B. I'm Considering doing a COS from L1B to H1B this year April 2014 through another employer in US.

I understand, If i'm selected in lottery and my COS to H1B petition is approved, then i'm good to start work on H1B from October 1st 2014.

Here is my question:

What if my COS Application to H1B (filed through another employer) is rejected ? will this make my current I94 in L1B status Invalid? will i have to exit the country and also my current employer?

Please clarify as i have to take a decision either to file COS H1B with another employer (or) to apply for L1B extension with my current employer (in case my current I-94 will become invalid if H1B is rejected)..

Appreciate your advice on this...

Thanks

Anand

If your COS from L1B to H1B with new employer is denied it will not affect your valid L1B status in US.

Archived