*************** GC Process

ghosh84

No employer would give in writing that they would do GC.

That is not true.  My written offer of employment with my current employer included full sponsorship, support, and payment of all costs associated with non-immigrant visas and permanent residency (green card) for myself and my family.  This was a condition I required when discussing the job with them, to which they agreed and put in the written offer of employment.

That is not true.  My written offer of employment with my current employer included full sponsorship, support, and payment of all costs associated with non-immigrant visas and permanent residency (green card) for myself and my family.  This was a condition I required when discussing the job with them, to which they agreed and put in the written offer of employment.

Thanks catx for the info. As far as I have heard from my friends and colleagues no one was able to get it in writing as employers thinks it is a liability even if they close business or merge with another company and they prefer to play it safe.

Thanks catx for the info. As far as I have heard from my friends and colleagues no one was able to get it in writing as employers thinks it is a liability even if they close business or merge with another company and they prefer to play it safe.

No offense to you and your friends and colleagues, but agreement to sponsor, support, and pay for a foreign employee's immigration (non-immigrant and permanent residency) has nothing to do with immigration per se.  It is a business decision based on the mutual assessment of value and costs by the employer and the employee (e.g. return on investment).  If an employer determines that an employee's value is greater than the costs of employment including immigration, then they should be willing, even glad, to make an applicable written commitment.  This does not include costs the employer is required to bear by law.  Of course, there has to be reciprocal commitments by the employee such as loyalty (versus flipping jobs and employers).

No offense to you and your friends and colleagues, but agreement to sponsor, support, and pay for a foreign employee's immigration (non-immigrant and permanent residency) has nothing to do with immigration per se.  It is a business decision based on the mutual assessment of value and costs by the employer and the employee (e.g. return on investment).  If an employer determines that an employee's value is greater than the costs of employment including immigration, then they should be willing, even glad, to make an applicable written commitment.  This does not include costs the employer is required to bear by law.  Of course, there has to be reciprocal commitments by the employee such as loyalty (versus flipping jobs and employers).

No offense taken. I do understand your point that getting the assurance of future GC filing from an employer is nothing related to immigration. But, I have not come across any one close to me having it in writing from an employer. That being said I agree that it does not mean that employers do not give in writing. Thanks again.

In any case, if a company does not commit a promise to file for a GC on paper, for whatever reason, such promise simply doesn't exist.

A recruiter or HR person can say what they want, but unless it is on paper it doesn't mean anything.

Archived