Re-entering US with changed H1B petition

sameer1234

Hi,

I am currently in USA working for company 'A' and have a valid H1B till June 2015. I have accepted offer from company 'B' and they have filed for LCA certification and have received the certified LCA. Company 'B' will be filing my H1B petition under premium processing on 3rd Feb'14 (this petition is expected to be approved by 21st Feb 2014, i.e.  15 days from the date of filing). I have NOT yet joined company 'B' and still working for company 'A'.

Meanwhile, I have been shortlisted for a prestigious International Award and have been invited to attend the award ceremony in France on 6th March 2014.

Here are my scenarios:

a) I receive approved petition from employer 'B' before leaving for France

b) I do NOT receive approved petition from employer 'B' before leaving for France 

My questions are:

1) In either case, can I travel to France and re-enter US on the visa issued on company 'A'?

2) Do I need to re-stamp in case the petition is approved from employer 'B'?

3) If the petition (of company 'B') is approved with my current I-94, do we need to file the petition again with new I-94 when I re-enter US again?

Any expert advice will be highly appreciated! Thank you all in advance !

Highest Regards

Hi,

I am currently in USA working for company 'A' and have a valid H1B till June 2015. I have accepted offer from company 'B' and they have filed for LCA certification and have received the certified LCA. Company 'B' will be filing my H1B petition under premium processing on 3rd Feb'14 (this petition is expected to be approved by 21st Feb 2014, i.e.  15 days from the date of filing). I have NOT yet joined company 'B' and still working for company 'A'.

Meanwhile, I have been shortlisted for a prestigious International Award and have been invited to attend the award ceremony in France on 6th March 2014.

Here are my scenarios:

a) I receive approved petition from employer 'B' before leaving for France

b) I do NOT receive approved petition from employer 'B' before leaving for France 

My questions are:

1) In either case, can I travel to France and re-enter US on the visa issued on company 'A'?

2) Do I need to re-stamp in case the petition is approved from employer 'B'?

3) If the petition (of company 'B') is approved with my current I-94, do we need to file the petition again with new I-94 when I re-enter US again?

Any expert advice will be highly appreciated! Thank you all in advance !

Highest Regards

Congratulations.

1. Yes.

2. No.

3. No.

Archived