H1B approved but Employer is changed, can I still utilise the H1B?how can i get I797 copy ?

ashakb

HI All,

I have been working with a software firm in INDIA, and I got my H1B approved for Quota 2013 , but before appearing for the stamping I had changed my Employer and so thought my petition is approved I dont have my I797 with me , is there a way that I can get a duplicate of the petition and also can the H1B petition which was already approved be utilised by me ? can I go again for stamping? if yes please let me know the procedure for the same 

Thanks

uma

HI All,

I have been working with a software firm in INDIA, and I got my H1B approved for Quota 2013 , but before appearing for the stamping I had changed my Employer and so thought my petition is approved I dont have my I797 with me , is there a way that I can get a duplicate of the petition and also can the H1B petition which was already approved be utilised by me ? can I go again for stamping? if yes please let me know the procedure for the same 

Thanks

uma

File a FOIA with USCIS. Check their website for details. As you are no longer working for H1B employer you cannot go for stamping. New employer has to file a cap exempt H1B petition anytime and on approval you can go for visa stamping.

Archived