Travelling to India before receiving Approved 797 in hand

sam511

Dear Friends,
My H1B visa extension petition is approved 2 weeks earlier and my employer received only the confirmation email of approved notice from USCIS. Currently I am in very urgent need to travel to India. I would like to know if travelling back to India without having approved 797 document is fine or do we need to wait till I received approved document in hand.

Please kindly help me!!

- Sam

Dear Friends,

My H1B visa extension petition is approved 2 weeks earlier and my employer received only the confirmation email of approved notice from USCIS. Currently I am in very urgent need to travel to India. I would like to know if travelling back to India without having approved 797 document is fine or do we need to wait till I received approved document in hand.

Please kindly help me!!

- Sam

You can travel to India but to re-enter you would need your new I797.

You can travel to India but to re-enter you would need your new I797.

Thanks Friends for your suggestions. I would like to know if I am in India and some how my employer lost approved I797 petition, Will be able to get another copy of I797 while i am still in India.

Kindly help me as I would like to know before start travelling.

Thanks,

Sam...

Thanks Friends for your suggestions. I would like to know if I am in India and some how my employer lost approved I797 petition, Will be able to get another copy of I797 while i am still in India.

Kindly help me as I would like to know before start travelling.

Thanks,

Sam...

Yes, your employer/attorney could ask for one from USCIS by paying appropriate fee.

Archived