Working With Expired EAD

akodyatoa

My EAD expires on April 30. I will be on vacation starting on May 1 through May 15. If I don't get my EAD approved before April 30 and go back to work on May 16,

1. Will Section 245(k) protect me assuming that I will eventually get my EAD approved within 180 days from April 30?

2. Will Section 245(k) protect my employer as well? If not, is there any law provision that could protect my emplyer in this situation?

I don't have any record of unauthorized employment ever since.

Thanks,

Akodyatoa

Working with out a valid EAD means that you do not have authorization to work in the U.S. based on an EAD. (If you have a valid H1B or L-1, etc. you should be able to work pursuant to that nonimmigrant status). In regard to your other questions, I recommend that you contact a knowledgeable immigration attorney in regard to your case so that that attorney can provide you with advise correct and specific to your situation.

The Murthy Law Firm has a very well-regarded Greencard Department with extensive experience who would be able to provide you with excellent assistance. Please feel free to call our office to schedule a consultation with one of our attorneys.

If your company can sponsor, you can go on a short term assignment outside USA and continue to be on US payroll. That's what I did last year when I haven't received my EAD in time. You can stay outside USA until your EAD is approved.

This is what my attorney has suggested.

Thanks,

Archived