H1B Amendment (L1 to H1 COS) stuck in decision

jraditya

Hi 

I had applied for a PREMIUM COS (H1B Amendment petition, changing employer) in december. 

Got an RFE for the same and submitted the documents for that. 

After that, on 14h Jan 2014, the status moved from RFE to Post-Decision-Activity directly. 

On the same day after 3 hours, it moved back to Decision with this text underneath:

On January 14, 2014, this I129 PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER was approved and we sent you an e-mail notice. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

Till date (27th Jan), the state has not moved from decision. Also, the approved I-797 with I-94 is not received by the attorney/employer. 

Can anyone please throw some light on this? I am waiting for the approved copy of I-797 to switch jobs. 

Also, I am not sure of what my current status is. Because the online status says its approved. Does that mean my L1 is already disabled on Jan 14th. Which inturn means that I should not continue with my L1 employer!!

Please help. 

Hi 

I had applied for a PREMIUM COS (H1B Amendment petition, changing employer) in december. 

Got an RFE for the same and submitted the documents for that. 

After that, on 14h Jan 2014, the status moved from RFE to Post-Decision-Activity directly. 

On the same day after 3 hours, it moved back to Decision with this text underneath:

On January 14, 2014, this I129 PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER was approved and we sent you an e-mail notice. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

Till date (27th Jan), the state has not moved from decision. Also, the approved I-797 with I-94 is not received by the attorney/employer. 

Can anyone please throw some light on this? I am waiting for the approved copy of I-797 to switch jobs. 

Also, I am not sure of what my current status is. Because the online status says its approved. Does that mean my L1 is already disabled on Jan 14th. Which inturn means that I should not continue with my L1 employer!!

Please help. 

Ask your attorney to contact USCIS. They have a direct hotline with USCIS.

Archived