Going back to old employer with H1 not revoked!

shab

Hello people, I need urgent help and would really appreciate if someone who has been through this or has any information could share their experience -

I was working with company A for over 2 years and my H1 is valid till 09/14. However I switched jobs and transferred my visa to company B starting 01/03/14. Last week they had to let me go because of a merger but I'll be on their payroll till 01/31/14. Now my old employer, company A is willing to take me back and as per their attorney I do not need to do anything since the visa was not revoked but I am not sure about this.

I've read conflicting views on this with some people saying that nothing needs to be done as long as the visa was not revoked, some are of the opinion that visa needs to be re-applied while some believe re-entering US is an option. 

To make it more confusing, I recently consulted an immigration attorney who believes that visa needs to be refiled even though it was not revoked. At the same time my old employer's attorney is pretty confident that nothing needs to be done. I am afraid it might come back to bite me when I apply for H1 extension in 2-3 months.

I've pretty confused and running out of time. Please help me out.

Hello people, I need urgent help and would really appreciate if someone who has been through this or has any information could share their experience -

I was working with company A for over 2 years and my H1 is valid till 09/14. However I switched jobs and transferred my visa to company B starting 01/03/14. Last week they had to let me go because of a merger but I'll be on their payroll till 01/31/14. Now my old employer, company A is willing to take me back and as per their attorney I do not need to do anything since the visa was not revoked but I am not sure about this.

I've read conflicting views on this with some people saying that nothing needs to be done as long as the visa was not revoked, some are of the opinion that visa needs to be re-applied while some believe re-entering US is an option. 

To make it more confusing, I recently consulted an immigration attorney who believes that visa needs to be refiled even though it was not revoked. At the same time my old employer's attorney is pretty confident that nothing needs to be done. I am afraid it might come back to bite me when I apply for H1 extension in 2-3 months.

I've pretty confused and running out of time. Please help me out.

You can join old employer as your H1B petition was not revoked.

Archived