Travel to US on previous employer H1B VISA

shreya1233

Hi,

I have got valid H1b VISA stamped on my passport from employer A  in India which is valid until July 2016 but have never travelled to US on this VISA. I got an offer from employer B in USA and have H1B petition approval notice ( I7979) valid until oct 2016.My question is can I travel to USA on the same VISA from the previous employer A ? Do I need to get a new visa again from employer B ? If at all I travel to US with the Employer A Visa stamp and the new I797 from employer B what questions are expected at the POE.

I need to travel within a weeks time. Appreciate a quick update on the above query friends.

Regards,

Shreya

Hi,

I have got valid H1b VISA stamped on my passport from employer A  in India which is valid until July 2016 but have never travelled to US on this VISA. I got an offer from employer B in USA and have H1B petition approval notice ( I7979) valid until oct 2016.My question is can I travel to USA on the same VISA from the previous employer A ? Do I need to get a new visa again from employer B ? If at all I travel to US with the Employer A Visa stamp and the new I797 from employer B what questions are expected at the POE.

I need to travel within a weeks time. Appreciate a quick update on the above query friends.

Regards,

Shreya

You can use your old employer's valid H1B visa. Any questions could be asked pertaining to your employment.

Archived