H4 and F1 together

sriharsha711

Hi , 

I have the following queries regarding F1 and H4.

I have a valid H4 till Oct 2015 however I have not travelled to the US as of now. I already have an I-20 from a University and looking to apply for F1. Is it possible for me to  apply for a F1 visa while already having a H4. Will my H4 still be valid in case my F1 gets approved/rejected

Hi , 

I have the following queries regarding F1 and H4.

I have a valid H4 till Oct 2015 however I have not travelled to the US as of now. I already have an I-20 from a University and looking to apply for F1. Is it possible for me to  apply for a F1 visa while already having a H4. Will my H4 still be valid in case my F1 gets approved/rejected

Yes, you can apply for a F1 visa. But, there is a possibility that your H4 might get canceled by consulate once your F1 visa gets approved.

In case my F1 gets rejected, is my h4 stamping still valid or is there a possibility that h4 gets rejected too. And what are the chances of my F1 rejection?

If your F1 visa application is rejected they will not cancel your H4 visa. Chances of F1 rejection is based on documents you submit  and VO being convinced.

• 6 months later...

Archived