Transfer from India and Travel

sriharsha711

Hi ,

Pardon me if the following queries have already been answered but it's a little urgent. Any help is appreciated.

I have a stamped H1 visa valid till Oct 2015. However the employer who has filed the visa for me doesnt have any requirement in the USA as of now. I am planning to apply for jobs in the US from India. I have the following queries.

1) Is it possible to get my H1 transferred to an employer in the US without ever travelling. I understand it is possible but just need a conifrmation on this.

2) In case a new employer has filed a new petition can I travel to the US meanwhile on my already existing Visa.

Thanks

Hi ,

Pardon me if the following queries have already been answered but it's a little urgent. Any help is appreciated.

I have a stamped H1 visa valid till Oct 2015. However the employer who has filed the visa for me doesnt have any requirement in the USA as of now. I am planning to apply for jobs in the US from India. I have the following queries.

1) Is it possible to get my H1 transferred to an employer in the US without ever travelling. I understand it is possible but just need a conifrmation on this.

2) In case a new employer has filed a new petition can I travel to the US meanwhile on my already existing Visa.

Thanks

1. Yes, a new employer can file a cap exempt H1B petition while you are in India and get it approved.

2. Yes, you can use your valid H1B visa to travel to US. In addition you need new employer's I797 approval notice.

Archived