Hi,

I joined my company at hyderabad, India in 2006.  I came to the US in 2010 May on L1B Visa (approved in may 2010).

After my initial term of L1B, my company processed L1A which got approved in June 2013.  My L1A ia valid till April 2015.

I have 4 years of experience at offshore.

Am i eligible for GC in EB1 category?  will there be any problem if i apply in EB1 category?  Please advice.

- SS

Hi,

I joined my company at hyderabad, India in 2006.  I came to the US in 2010 May on L1B Visa (approved in may 2010).

After my initial term of L1B, my company processed L1A which got approved in June 2013.  My L1A ia valid till April 2015.

I have 4 years of experience at offshore.

Am i eligible for GC in EB1 category?  will there be any problem if i apply in EB1 category?  Please advice.

- SS

Talk to your employer's attorney. 

Your employer would only be able to file your permanent residency under the EB-1C preference category if (1) you worked for the employer as a manager or executive (per USCIS definitions) outside the U.S. for at least 1 year out of the last 3, and (2) you were working for the employer in the U.S. in a similar manager or executive position.

Archived