Job Change while I-140 is approved and H-1B valid for 2 more years

pnagendra83

Hi. I searched for related topics to get answers but couldn't find any.

My current company applied for my GC and my I-140 has been approved in 2010. My H-1B maxed out in 2013 and company applied for visa extension. It has been approved till 2016. I'm planning to change my company now. Will there be a problem if I change company now assuming my previous company will not revoke I-140 application?

Please let me know.

Hi. I searched for related topics to get answers but couldn't find any.

My current company applied for my GC and my I-140 has been approved in 2010. My H-1B maxed out in 2013 and company applied for visa extension. It has been approved till 2016. I'm planning to change my company now. Will there be a problem if I change company now assuming my previous company will not revoke I-140 application?

Please let me know.

No issue in getting a cap exempt H1B filed by new employer based on approved I-140.

• 2 weeks later...

hey, as per my understanding better to be with the same employer until you get GC, if it is good supporting company, paying you reasonable salary.. and be there do not think about Payment hike, you can earn if you are in the same country, if you struck in any of these issues every thing will be gone. all your calculations will messed up.

keep in mind if you change Employer this time you have to do all the Paper Ad, PERM, i-140, from the start, there is nothing going to change in your timing, 

if you really think the new company is good and they support you in all aspect, also think if they are ready to keep you for another 5 + years then your choice is really good.

Archived