Visa approved in Vancouver 22nd

mannam07

Hi All,

Payback time...

I attended my H1 extension interview in Vancouver (2nd stamping in same location) and things seem to be going well for everyone here...

Standard questions, standard documents, nothing seems to be unexpected...LCA, Paychecks, W-2, Employer and Client letters...

We stayed in Airport area and just drove on the day of interview...usually you can get to downtown in 30 minutes, worst case scenario 1 hour...

On my last trip, we felt wi-fi does not seem to work really well in downtown area and also parking is expensive...that is the reason to stay in richmond...

Let me know if you have any specific questions...

Hi All,

Payback time...

I attended my H1 extension interview in Vancouver (2nd stamping in same location) and things seem to be going well for everyone here...

Standard questions, standard documents, nothing seems to be unexpected...LCA, Paychecks, W-2, Employer and Client letters...

We stayed in Airport area and just drove on the day of interview...usually you can get to downtown in 30 minutes, worst case scenario 1 hour...

On my last trip, we felt wi-fi does not seem to work really well in downtown area and also parking is expensive...that is the reason to stay in richmond...

Let me know if you have any specific questions...

Congrats and thx for sharing your experiences.

Thanks for sharing!

Here is mine from the same day (jan 22).

VO : Did you go to school in USA?

ME : Yes, XXXX University

VO : What is your highest degree?

ME : Masters In Electrical Engineering.

VO : When did you Graduate?

ME : XXXX

VO : what did you do from 2009 till now.

ME : worked at xxxx, xxxx employers.

VO : How many H1’s you had until now?

ME : x

VO : Who is your client?

ME : XXX

VO : Where is it located?

VO : What do you do for them?

VO : Does your employer pay well? We have so many complaints about your employer. Many…

ME : (puzzled) I am being paid on time. I didn’t have any issues until now.

VO : Does your employer pay monthly?

ME : Yes, around 10th every month.

VO : Give me your LCA, Offer Letter, Pay Stubs, Driver’s License.

ME : Handed over. (making some calculations may be just to verify the Offer Letter amount, LCA amount and Paystubs.

VO : So you have PA license because your wife works there?(as my client location is in NY and DL is in PA

ME : Yes

VO : handed some instructions for  passport pickup and employee rights( documents related to some human trafficking etc..)

Let me know if you need more details about my answers.

Thanks for sharing!

VO : Does your employer pay well? We have so many complaints about your employer. Many…

ME : Handed over. (making some calculations may be just to verify the Offer Letter amount, LCA amount and Paystubs.

VO : So you have PA license because your wife works there?(as my client location is in NY and DL is in PA

VO : handed some instructions for  passport pickup and employee rights( documents related to some human trafficking etc..)

Did they ask for Client letter ? My client does not give letter as it is a State Govt project. What can I take in lieu of client letter? 

Thanks for sharing!

Hi, How many Pay stubs do we need to provide. 

Will he check all the pay stubs we provided or just the latest Pay stub.?

I have this question because, my pay stub amount is inconsistent.

Thank you

@positive thinking

Dont worry too much about it. I personally know a few friends who had their stamping without any issues. VO's are absolutely fine with an email/letter that states client does not offer any letters. Just ask your client manager to send an email stating the same. Good Luck!

@shran

That shouldn't be a problem as long as the annual gross matches/more than your LCA $ amount. Even i had an uneven paychecks(along with per diem) but it wasn't a big deal(at least in vancouver). They are primarily looking if the employees are underpaid.

Hi vancjanvisa, MF3,

I have my H1 visa approved in Vancouver today(Jan 23). I have booked a room at arirbnb.com in Downtown only for 2 days(22,23). I am looking for accommodation from Jan 24 till I receive my Passport. Is there any possibility that I can share hotel/room with you. Please find my email Id in my profile.

Thanks.

Archived