H1B Portability and Processing Time

lovakumar

I'm in USA for almost 6years. I have approved I-140 and valid H1B petition valid until April 2016.

I moved to India last year i.e.; April, 2013 and resigned my company in USA due to personal emergency.

I started working in India since then and now decided to go back to USA.

I did have a company who want to take me and do H1B portability.

But my question here is, Can i schedule a Visa Appointment with the my I-140 Approval, valid H1B petition, new H1B filing receipt, offer letter from new company and other supportive documents related to my experience?

Or should i wait for the new H1B to be approved and only then i can schedule visa appointment?

I'm in USA for almost 6years. I have approved I-140 and valid H1B petition valid until April 2016.

I moved to India last year i.e.; April, 2013 and resigned my company in USA due to personal emergency.

I started working in India since then and now decided to go back to USA.

I did have a company who want to take me and do H1B portability.

But my question here is, Can i schedule a Visa Appointment with the my I-140 Approval, valid H1B petition, new H1B filing receipt, offer letter from new company and other supportive documents related to my experience?

Or should i wait for the new H1B to be approved and only then i can schedule visa appointment?

You need your cap exempt H1B petition with new employer approved (specifically I797 approval notice) when you go to US consulate for visa stamping. But, you could book your visa interview slot even without approval notice as long as you have H1B petition number from new employer.

Archived