H4 Visa & Travel while Principal Applicant Changes Job

funwithbmw

Hi All,

I'm currently in US on an H1B Visa. My Wife and Child are in India and have their H4 Stamped already. For Personal reason she could not travel immediately. Now I am planning to change my job to a new employer. 

Can my wife and child still travel using old Visa stamped based on my previous employer's petition as principal applicant? Does she still need to appear in US Consulate for Stamping H4 Visa again? If not required then what additional documents they need to provide at POE for immigration?

Can some throw more light on this. Do I need to wait for changing my Job until my wife and child join me in US?

Thanks in Advance

Hi All,

I'm currently in US on an H1B Visa. My Wife and Child are in India and have their H4 Stamped already. For Personal reason she could not travel immediately. Now I am planning to change my job to a new employer. 

Can my wife and child still travel using old Visa stamped based on my previous employer's petition as principal applicant? Does she still need to appear in US Consulate for Stamping H4 Visa again? If not required then what additional documents they need to provide at POE for immigration?

Can some throw more light on this. Do I need to wait for changing my Job until my wife and child join me in US?

Thanks in Advance

No, they can travel with their exiting valid H4 visa. If you are still working for your previous employer they need to show a copy of I797 at POE. If you have joined new employer then a copy of new employer's I797.

Archived