Green Card processing Initiation

priya2014

Hello there,

My 6 years of H1-B visa is valid until September 2015. I have not been able to initiate my green card processing yet. I work with an employer A currently and looking for a new opportunity. My question is how long can I wait to start my Green card process since I might start GC process with employer A or new employer B?

Is it true that only once I140 is approved in the green card process, we can keep renewing our H1-B visa? and how long does it usually take to reach I140 stage?

Thank you very much in advance for your help!

Thank you so much for your reply!

My following question is whether I can wait to switch to employer B (once I find a new job) and start my GC process with the new employer or should I be ideally starting my GC process with employer A (where I currently work) since my H1-B 6 years period is until September 2015.

Thanks!

Your employer - not you - determines whether to file for a GC.  It is presumptuous of you to assume one will be processed or that PERM requirements will be met.

If you do not intend to stay with A, go with B since it would have to be redone for a new employer anyway.

Thank you so much for your reply!

My following question is whether I can wait to switch to employer B (once I find a new job) and start my GC process with the new employer or should I be ideally starting my GC process with employer A (where I currently work) since my H1-B 6 years period is until September 2015.

Thanks!

That's up to you.

Archived