H1B 6th year completion - L1A conversion

vinay_c2005

Hi,

My H1B max-out on May 15, 2014. My PERM is still pending & submitted on Sep 21, 2013. Considering the delay, I am not sure whether I will have update on my Labor. My employer is ready to process L1A & stamping at Canada.

1. If I get L1A stamped, whether my H1B will be voided or still valid?

2. Once I get my PERM approved on sometime Jun-july, can I again apply for H1b extn with approved PERM or I-140 with existing H1B petition or move to H1B after that? 

Thanks in advance for your response.

Regards,

Vinay.

Hi,

My H1B max-out on May 15, 2014. My PERM is still pending & submitted on Sep 21, 2013. Considering the delay, I am not sure whether I will have update on my Labor. My employer is ready to process L1A & stamping at Canada.

1. If I get L1A stamped, whether my H1B will be voided or still valid?

2. Once I get my PERM approved on sometime Jun-july, can I again apply for H1b extn with approved PERM or I-140 with existing H1B petition or move to H1B after that? 

Thanks in advance for your response.

Regards,

Vinay.

1. Are you eligible for L1A? 

2. Yes, employer can apply for H1B extension.

Thank you for your responses.

Yes. I am eligible for L1A visa since I am playing a managerial role. My employer & immigration team also confirmed the same. 

My question is, once I get my L1A stamped, I can wait until my I-140 approved and move back to H1B right? Please confirm.

Pontevecchio has a valid question. Have you worked abroad for employer filing L1A petition in executive or managerial capacity for one continuous year within the three years immediately preceding your admission to the United States? If not you do not qualify for L1A.

Yes, you can stay on L1A status after being approved. Later, when your I-140 gets approved employer has to file for COS from L1A to H1B.

• 1 year later...

Hi Everyone,

My question is on a similar line, H1B to L1A conversion.

- I came to US in 2010 on H1B . Stayed continously till September 2011 and returned to India for 3 months.

- Came back again Jan 2012 and is still continuining.

- In the couse of time I received promotions and I have been working in "execuitive/managerial" role since last year and half.

- My H1B's 6th year ends on Sept 2016.

given the details is it possible for me get a COS from H1B to L1A ? 

Archived