H1B Transfer while on B1 visit

Sunil949

Hi, my employer (India) filed a H1B petition for 2014 quota which is approved now... But i didnt get my VISA stamp yet. Now my employer is asking me to travel on my B1 visa to attend some business meetings with the clients. I will be in US for couple of months. 

Now my question is,

1) Is it possible to transfer my H1B from my current employer to a new employer while in US?

2) If the above scenario is possible, should i come back to India to get my H1B Visa stamp? or can i get my visa stamped in US.

What could be the issues i could be facing?

Thanks for all your help.

Regards,

Sunil

Hi, my employer (India) filed a H1B petition for 2014 quota which is approved now... But i didnt get my VISA stamp yet. Now my employer is asking me to travel on my B1 visa to attend some business meetings with the clients. I will be in US for couple of months. 

Now my question is,

1) Is it possible to transfer my H1B from my current employer to a new employer while in US?

2) If the above scenario is possible, should i come back to India to get my H1B Visa stamp? or can i get my visa stamped in US.

What could be the issues i could be facing?

Thanks for all your help.

Regards,

Sunil

1. It is possible.

2. If your change of status from B1 to H1B is approved with new employer then there is no need for visa stamping until you exit US and want to re-enter.

There is always a possibility that a change of status from B1 to H1B would be denied but your H1B petition with new employer might get approved. In that case, you need to exit and enter US with a H1B visa and new employer's I797 to start working for new employer.

• 1 year later...

Thanks Jairichi !!

Scenario is :

1. Has H1B Stamped with Employer A 

2. Person Traveled on B1 Status 2. 

3. Planned to apply H1B Transfer with B being in US. 

Does New H1b with Employer B will be approved ? what would be the percentage of success ??

Does I-94 Status will also be changed 

Please advice / Guide as earliest 

Thanks Jairichi !!

Scenario is :

1. Has H1B Stamped with Employer A 

2. Person Traveled on B1 Status 2. 

3. Planned to apply H1B Transfer with B being in US. 

Does New H1b with Employer B will be approved ? what would be the percentage of success ??

Does I-94 Status will also be changed 

Please advice / Guide as earliest 

Approval is based on documents submitted. If approval notice does not contain I94 you will need to exit and enter US with a H1B visa and I797 to work for new employer.

Archived