H1B - MBA - Risks

h1busybee

Hello all,

I have an MS from a US univ and I completely utilized my CPT and OPT long ago.

I am in my 5th yr H1B and my PERM will be filed in a few months before my 6th yr starts.

I would like to pursue an MBA degree in the USA, if I get further H1B extensions based on my my GC application.

Question:

1) While pursuing a part-time MBA, if I decide to go full time by quitting my job/or due to lay off, will I be eligible for a new F1 visa?

2) If I am eligible for a new F1 visa, will I once again get CPT and OPT?

3) If I get a management job after I graduate, will the job be eligible for another H1B? and will the job be eligible for GC filing?

Let me know.

Hello all,

I have an MS from a US univ and I completely utilized my CPT and OPT long ago.

I am in my 5th yr H1B and my PERM will be filed in a few months before my 6th yr starts.

I would like to pursue an MBA degree in the USA, if I get further H1B extensions based on my my GC application.

Question:

1) While pursuing a part-time MBA, if I decide to go full time by quitting my job/or due to lay off, will I be eligible for a new F1 visa?

2) If I am eligible for a new F1 visa, will I once again get CPT and OPT?

3) If I get a management job after I graduate, will the job be eligible for another H1B? and will the job be eligible for GC filing?

Let me know.

1. As long as your I-140 is not approved at the time of applying for a F1 visa.

2. No. 

3. Depends on what job it is.

Thank you for answering.

How about if I go to India for an year, and come back on an F1 visa? Will I get new OPT?

Thanks,

If your I-140 is approved by then it is tough to get F1 visa as F1 visa does not allow immigration intention. In you case to get OPT you need to do a higher degree than master's like a PhD.

Archived