How can I use my 3 years of unused H1B time to start working in USA again?

PS2014

Hi everyone!

I have worked in the USA for 3 years (2007 - 2010) on my H1B visa, and another 3 years got sanctioned after the renewal process in May 2010. However I did not use a single day of those 3 years as I went on maternity leave and ultimately left for India. I have returned to USA after 2 and half years of stay in India and I am currently on H-4 visa.

I want to start looking for jobs now.....can I use those unused 3 years of my I-797/H1B right now, effective ASAP? If yes, can you please let me know the steps involved for doing so....does the employer have to file a specific category of H1B? Also, can ANY employer file for my H1B or does my previous employer alone have the right to reuse my petition?

Appreciate your help regarding this....

Hi everyone!

I have worked in the USA for 3 years (2007 - 2010) on my H1B visa, and another 3 years got sanctioned after the renewal process in May 2010. However I did not use a single day of those 3 years as I went on maternity leave and ultimately left for India. I have returned to USA after 2 and half years of stay in India and I am currently on H-4 visa.

I want to start looking for jobs now.....can I use those unused 3 years of my I-797/H1B right now, effective ASAP? If yes, can you please let me know the steps involved for doing so....does the employer have to file a specific category of H1B? Also, can ANY employer file for my H1B or does my previous employer alone have the right to reuse my petition?

Appreciate your help regarding this....

Anytime an employer can file a cap exempt H1B petition along with COS from H4 to H1B. On approval you can start working immediately.

Archived