H1B to L1A

iaquil

I am currently in H1b expiring Sep 2015. My company filed labor in feb 2013 which is under audit (responsed on Sep'13). My company is planning to do an internal transfer to another location outside US for 1.5-2 yrs. I am thinking that if that works than I will be able to enter in US using L1A (manager) and apply GC under EB1. Currently I am holding a position of technical manager and I have couple of reportees under me. Can L1A be filed for the same person already in H1B thru the same company. 

Seeking for expert advise. Appreciate your response.

I am currently in H1b expiring Sep 2015. My company filed labor in feb 2013 which is under audit (responsed on Sep'13). My company is planning to do an internal transfer to another location outside US for 1.5-2 yrs. I am thinking that if that works than I will be able to enter in US using L1A (manager) and apply GC under EB1. Currently I am holding a position of technical manager and I have couple of reportees under me. Can L1A be filed for the same person already in H1B thru the same company. 

Seeking for expert advise. Appreciate your response.

Yes, L1A could be filed by same employer as long as you qualify. Having a prior H1B will not be a problem. Qualifying for a EB1 you need to discuss with an attorney.

Archived