Will there is any problem at POE

2014USkid

Hi All,

I have very less time, recently came to know about this forum.

I came to US in sep2013 from a desi company to work in client location on H1B.

my intial H1B petition was filed with a client A, got visa stamping with that clients LCA.
but i came to US to work for a client B, they made LCA for this client B.

after coming here they made H1B ammedment for this new client B, our HR is saying its approved.

my i94 is valid till sep2014

my H1B visa is valid till sep2015

my passport is valid till 2018

my project end date with this client B is 31Jan2013

my questions:

1. am going to india for urgent personal work on 1Feb2014,and returing back to US on 16Feb2014 to
join a new project with a consultancy after my return. consultancy ppl are saying that if they file
H1b transfer on premium now in Jan2014 if it gets approved when am in india i need to go for stamping.
so to avoid stamping with their consultancy they asked me to come back with this existing I797B and I94.
Do i need to face any problem at POE?

Hi All,

I have very less time, recently came to know about this forum.

I came to US in sep2013 from a desi company to work in client location on H1B.

my intial H1B petition was filed with a client A, got visa stamping with that clients LCA.

but i came to US to work for a client B, they made LCA for this client B.

after coming here they made H1B ammedment for this new client B, our HR is saying its approved.

my i94 is valid till sep2014

my H1B visa is valid till sep2015

my passport is valid till 2018

my project end date with this client B is 31Jan2013

my questions:

1. am going to india for urgent personal work on 1Feb2014,and returing back to US on 16Feb2014 to

join a new project with a consultancy after my return. consultancy ppl are saying that if they file

H1b transfer on premium now in Jan2014 if it gets approved when am in india i need to go for stamping.

so to avoid stamping with their consultancy they asked me to come back with this existing I797B and I94.

Do i need to face any problem at POE?

Showing your existing I797 at POE that is no longer valid as you are no longer working with current employer is immigration fraud. If caught at POE you are looking at deportation and a life long ban to enter US. Do not join this consultancy who gave you this advice that could ruin your personal and professional life in US. Find a good employer and enter only with a valid I797 and H1B visa.

Are you changing employers? IF so, you may NOT enter with old documents.  A valid stamping is not employer specific. Since your prospective employer is asking you to so something against  US rules, do NOT join him. The fact that they are unfamiliar with stamping requirements is also a red flag as to their competence.

Archived