Two H1 Jobs at Same time

I am currently working for Company A as full time employee from past 1 year and have my H1B visa stamped till 2015. I have now received an another offer for remote full time job from company B and have my petition approved from them. Both the companies have LCA filed for me.

Can I work legally for both company A & B by running my payroll at both the companies simultaneously (40+40 hours)?

Are there any I9 issues?

Are there any visa issues?

I am currently working for Company A as full time employee from past 1 year and have my H1B visa stamped till 2015. I have now received an another offer for remote full time job from company B and have my petition approved from them. Both the companies have LCA filed for me.
Can I work legally for both company A & B by running my payroll at both the companies simultaneously (40+40 hours)?
Are there any I9 issues?

You can do that. But how can you manage 80hrs of work??

Are there any I9 issues?

You cannot. How do you plan to fulfill total 80 hours work requirement? Work 16 hours everyday?

• 6 years later...
2 hours ago, User099 said:

Its legal. Just need to be a concurrent H1. 

Well, while a concurrent H1 is legal, it is pretty much impossible to do 2 fulltime jobs on H1. This is not mindless burger flipping, after all.

H1 jobs are high-level jobs which are mentally taxing for just 40 hours/week. Nobody can work on the H1 level for 80 hours/week. You also need to eat/sleep, etc.

Also, employment contracts generally prohibit side work without prior employer approval. The employer wants you to be alert and productive at work, and not fall asleep. Also, they don't want you to work for a competitor.

So, without discussing this with employer A and getting an approval it is likely to get fired from both jobs.

Edited by JoeF

If he is smart enough to do 2 job at the same time, then he should be smart enough to read through his employment agreement to see if there is a non-compete and other clauses in the contract.  :) 

Don't get me wrong, I agree with what you said. But I will not be the one to say working 80 hrs/week and have a life is practically impossible, I will let his decide how he wants to handle it.