Working in India branch of company A, for USA client and visiting US on B1 visa.

preityghil1231

Dear All,

I was speculating over the following scenario.

1) I have a B1/B2 visa 

2) I can avail H1B remainder option.

Company A has a branch office in India and USA. They are hesitant about employing me directly on H1B visa because the client will have to wait. So I was just wondering if it is possible to....

1) Work for the Indian branch and visit client site for a couple of months on my business visa. I will be getting paid in India.

2) During this course of time, the USA branch could get my H1B petition approved.

3) Within 3-4 months I could go for stamping, after my H1B petition approval.

What are your thoughts on this?

Dear All,

I was speculating over the following scenario.

1) I have a B1/B2 visa 

2) I can avail H1B remainder option.

Company A has a branch office in India and USA. They are hesitant about employing me directly on H1B visa because the client will have to wait. So I was just wondering if it is possible to....

1) Work for the Indian branch and visit client site for a couple of months on my business visa. I will be getting paid in India.

2) During this course of time, the USA branch could get my H1B petition approved.

3) Within 3-4 months I could go for stamping, after my H1B petition approval.

What are your thoughts on this?

Employment allowed on a B1 visa is different from that being allowed on H1B visa. First check whether the nature of your job you are going to perform on a B1 visa fulfills B1 visa requirements.

Archived