Need suggestion on switching jobs in H1B

sanjay999

Hi,

My visa needs to be renewed by Feb 28th,2014 and my project is getting over by Feb end, my current employer is not planning to apply for visa renewal and  now i got a job offer from a company X, they want me to join their company in 2 weeks time.I don't want to miss this company as my H1B is nearing for renewal.

1)When is the right time to put my resignation at current company?

2)what will be the minimum time that will take to file H1B transfer and Extension as the location is different?

3)Can i join company X with petition number alone , instead of waiting for approval status as they are asking me to join within 2 weeks ?

3)How many weeks it takes to file and get approved LCA and filing H1B?

appreciate your valuable suggestions.

Hi,

My visa needs to be renewed by Feb 28th,2014 and my project is getting over by Feb end, my current employer is not planning to apply for visa renewal and  now i got a job offer from a company X, they want me to join their company in 2 weeks time.I don't want to miss this company as my H1B is nearing for renewal.

1)When is the right time to put my resignation at current company?

2)what will be the minimum time that will take to file H1B transfer and Extension as the location is different?

3)Can i join company X with petition number alone , instead of waiting for approval status as they are asking me to join within 2 weeks ?

3)How many weeks it takes to file and get approved LCA and filing H1B?

appreciate your valuable suggestions.

1. Check your contract for notice period. If there is one do serve the notice to resign accordingly.

2. If they apply in premium processing you would get a decision within 15 calendar days of H1B petition filing.

3. You can but it is a risk. If for some reasons H1B petition with new employer is denied what would be your situation?

Archived