H1b stamping 3 to 5 months before current h1b expiration date

steward1

Hi to all Members,

I am planning to travel to the India next month. My current H1b is expiring in month of may(2014). Visa already expired on passport so need to go for stamping before coming back. My question is; If i have  h1b extension approval before I leave for India, Can I go for h1b stamping with new approved I797? How many months before can we go for stamping with new approval while previous h1b still valid?

If not, Can I go for stamping with previous h1b approval notice which is expiring in may 2014? Is there any issue if it is expiring in next few months?

Your help will be really appreciated

Thanks

Hi to all Members,

I am planning to travel to the India next month. My current H1b is expiring in month of may(2014). Visa already expired on passport so need to go for stamping before coming back. My question is; If i have  h1b extension approval before I leave for India, Can I go for h1b stamping with new approved I797? How many months before can we go for stamping with new approval while previous h1b still valid?
If not, Can I go for stamping with previous h1b approval notice which is expiring in may 2014? Is there any issue if it is expiring in next few months?

Your help will be really appreciated
Thanks

Yes, you could go for visa stamping. You can use your existing I797 for stamping. But, if you have I797 for H1B extension then show both your I797s to VO during interview.

Thanks for your reply Jairichi,

1. So you mean , If I show both I 797s-- current (expiring in May 2014) and new approved I 797 ( from May 2014 to May 2017), they will stamp visa by using new petition's validity date.

2. How early can I apply for stamping in this situation?

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks again for your help. 

Thanks for your reply Jairichi,

1. So you mean , If I show both I 797s-- current (expiring in May 2014) and new approved I 797 ( from May 2014 to May 2017), they will stamp visa by using new petition's validity date.

2. How early can I apply for stamping in this situation?

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks again for your help. 

1. By showing both I797s you might get a visa validity till your H1B extension expires.

2. As you are going to home country next month you can do at that time.

Archived