Working 20 hrs from India for recapture,will it impact H1b extension?

Jewelzz

Hello,

My PERM was filed in mid sept 2013 and my H1b stamp expires on may 31 , 2014.

My client has allowed me to work remotely from India, but only for 20 hrs per week. I have already recaptured about 45 days and will be recapturing the remaining days between March and April of 2014. I plan to return by April 10 to the US. I think my PERM Should be approved by then.

My question is that since i am working only 20 hrs per week and have run out of vacation hrs as well, while submitting pay-stubs for 7th yr H1B extension, will that be a problem as my pay stubs will show only 20 hrs instead of 40 hrs?

Thanks!

Hello,

My PERM was filed in mid sept 2013 and my H1b stamp expires on may 31 , 2014.

My client has allowed me to work remotely from India, but only for 20 hrs per week. I have already recaptured about 45 days and will be recapturing the remaining days between March and April of 2014. I plan to return by April 10 to the US. I think my PERM Should be approved by then.

My question is that since i am working only 20 hrs per week and have run out of vacation hrs as well, while submitting pay-stubs for 7th yr H1B extension, will that be a problem as my pay stubs will show only 20 hrs instead of 40 hrs?

Thanks!

Being out of US you are not on H1B status. So, you can recapture all time that you spent outside US. You could have worked full 40 hrs being in your home country.

Archived