I-94 Expiration

Razingbulls

Hi All,

My I-94 (which I got when entered US last time) expires this April which matches my passport expiry date. My H1-B is still valid until Sept 2014. I just got the new passport so I’m thinking of going to Tijuana to get the new I-94 which will now match my H1-B expiry. Please help me with the questions below.

1.  Am I doing the right thing in going to Tijuana for getting a new I-94?

2.  Did anyone of you used this approach to get a new I-94? If so please share your experiences.

3.  Is Mexican visa required?

Appreciate your help.

Thanks

Hi All,

My I-94 (which I got when entered US last time) expires this April which matches my passport expiry date. My H1-B is still valid until Sept 2014. I just got the new passport so I’m thinking of going to Tijuana to get the new I-94 which will now match my H1-B expiry. Please help me with the questions below.

1.  Am I doing the right thing in going to Tijuana for getting a new I-94?

2.  Did anyone of you used this approach to get a new I-94? If so please share your experiences.

3.  Is Mexican visa required?

Appreciate your help.

Thanks

1. Yes.

Hi All,

When i arrived USA, The port of entry officer admitted me until May 2014 because of passport expiry date. Now, my I-94 is about to expire in May. However, i have valid visa and petition until Sept 2015,. I have renewed my passport recently and would like to get my i-94 as well extended Can someone answer below questions. 

1.  Can i have the exact address where exactly i need to stop my vehicle(i would like to enter the same address in GPS. so, please give me the exact one)

2.  Is Mexican visa required?

3. What are all the documents i need to carry with me.

4. is there any chance that they may reject our I94, any worst scenarios?

Appreciate your help. If anyone interested please join me, we can plan together.

Thanks

1. Park the car in SAN Diego. Take the trolley to the border. Cross the turnstiles by foot and make a U-turn.

2. No

3. Your H1 related documents and Passport.

4. Only if you mumble your replies to questions and look evasive. Smile once, make eye contact and specify clearly that you are there to get a new I94 as the old one expired with your old passport. Pay the 6 or 12 USD whatever is the fee and get a changed I94 . If the specific Officer has no clue ask politely to speak to a Supervisor and get the job done. Make sure you do not use AVR. Politely insist on a new I94 and get it.

Look at GOOGLE Maps for a graphic view of the Mexican Border at Tijuana to give you an idea.

Archived