visa interview on jan 14 @ calgary

kumar239

We have checked in to Ramada Downtown, US consulate is about 7 mins walk from that Hotel, or you can always find a east bound train to consulate, were you have to get down at city center stop(3 stops from Ramada, downtown transit is free).

We reached consulate at 7.30 am, Security check has started at 7.50 am, they also check for ds 160 confirmation page, and ask how recent the photograph was?

After checking these docs, they will take you to the 10th floor, in that building, where they check again(like TSA in Airports).

Next, you will be sent to a room( I was third In queue) where you see some windows, were they take finger prints.

Finally, Interview has been started at 8.07 am, for me ( as my token is displayed across  window).

Here's how it go:

VO: Good Morning

Me: Good morning ma'am

VO: So, You are for H-1B

Me: yes ma'am

VO: Who is your employer??

Me : XX is my employer 

VO: Do you have a client?

Me; Yes ma'am, XX is my client.

VO: What does your client do?

Me: my client XX does YY,...spoke for about 10 secs.

VO: Did u do master's?

Me: Yes, Major, and Univ, place.

VO: Are you getting paid on Time, regularly, any problems with the employer??

Me: no ma'am, am getting payed on time, no issues with my employer.

VO: Your Visa is been approved,  collect your passport at loomis in 3 to 5 business days,

Me: Thank you ma'am, Have a good Day.

No Document was asked, she was looking at how confident we are, be cool..

We have checked in to Ramada Downtown, US consulate is about 7 mins walk from that Hotel, or you can always find a east bound train to consulate, were you have to get down at city center stop(3 stops from Ramada, downtown transit is free).

We reached consulate at 7.30 am, Security check has started at 7.50 am, they also check for ds 160 confirmation page, and ask how recent the photograph was?

After checking these docs, they will take you to the 10th floor, in that building, where they check again(like TSA in Airports).

Next, you will be sent to a room( I was third In queue) where you see some windows, were they take finger prints.

Finally, Interview has been started at 8.07 am, for me ( as my token is displayed across  window).

Here's how it go:

VO: Your Visa is been approved,  collect your passport at loomis in 3 to 5 business days,

Congrats for getting Visa! Thx for sharing.

Here's how it go:

COngrats Dude... When did you get your passport?

Thank you chrahul. After my interview, my status (using ds160 number) was in admin processing until next day noon, later it showed issued. Once status is issued, you can collect the passport from loomis same day, with your valid ID and MRV reference ID (in appointment) after 6.30 pm same day.

In may case interview was on tuesday morning, collected passport from loomis next day after 6.30 pm.

Archived