Background check in embassy

randomimmigrant

My friend is a french citizen and working in a Big 4 consulting firm as a fulltime employee and went for H1b stamping in paris. While H1b interview they found out, that she has a police detention record which she had not mentioned in her DS160 and so VO asked why she did not mention it in DS 160 and scheduled for next round of interview and asked her to submitted the detention police records. She finished her 2nd visa interview also and has not yet replied back. Does anybody know what happens in this kind of scenarios?

Following is her detention story:

I was actually visiting San Fransisco in July 2008 with some friends and was arrested for a minor petty theft (shoplifting).
This did not result into any charges and the case had been dropped immediately. Also the case got cleared (the arrestation got converted into a detention) after I claimed for it in dec 2011

2.5 years after this incident happened, I came to pursue my Master from Ivy league University (in Sept 2010 ) and this record was not asked for while applying for F1 visa.  I am currently working as a full time employee for a big consulting firm located.

As my case got cleared in Dec 2011, I did not mention this incident neither in my job application HR form, nor in the DS 160 H1-B petition form.

However the records came up to the american embassy in Paris, after they took my fingerprints. The consul told me during the 2nd interview, that I should have mentioned it in the petition form earlier but now they would have to go through a background process.

My friend is a french citizen and working in a Big 4 consulting firm as a fulltime employee and went for H1b stamping in paris. While H1b interview they found out, that she has a police detention record which she had not mentioned in her DS160 and so VO asked why she did not mention it in DS 160 and scheduled for next round of interview and asked her to submitted the detention police records. She finished her 2nd visa interview also and has not yet replied back. Does anybody know what happens in this kind of scenarios?

Following is her detention story:

I was actually visiting San Fransisco in July 2008 with some friends and was arrested for a minor petty theft (shoplifting).
This did not result into any charges and the case had been dropped immediately. Also the case got cleared (the arrestation got converted into a detention) after I claimed for it in dec 2011

2.5 years after this incident happened, I came to pursue my Master from Ivy league University (in Sept 2010 ) and this record was not asked for while applying for F1 visa.  I am currently working as a full time employee for a big consulting firm located.

As my case got cleared in Dec 2011, I did not mention this incident neither in my job application HR form, nor in the DS 160 H1-B petition form.

However the records came up to the american embassy in Paris, after they took my fingerprints. The consul told me during the 2nd interview, that I should have mentioned it in the petition form earlier but now they would have to go through a background process.

Every time your friend applies for a visa or anything official she has to disclose all arrest/conviction records. Mere disposal of the case means nothing. Now she has to wait for administrative process to finish to get her visa.

Archived