Kids H4 stamping without presence of primary

princess0525

Hi,

My kids (H4) and I (H1B) have current visas stamped till Jan 2014. My kids intend to travel to India in June 2014. They will need to file for extensions with the US consulate. They are aged 17 and 18. I will not be traveling with them. They already have their visa extensions approved by USCIS for another 3 years.

Q. 1: They do qualify for "drop box" application, however, in the event of the need for an interview, can they do so on their own? or need to have a guardian, my husband lives in India.

Q. 2: Since I am not traveling with them and since I will not have my passport with a current visa stamped, will this affect their visa stamping in India?

Q. 3: Another situation is that we have Green Card processing filed in the EB 2 category; will kids traveling to India at this time affect/influence their H1/H4 visa stamping in India?

Thank you!

Hi,

My kids (H4) and I (H1B) have current visas stamped till Jan 2014. My kids intend to travel to India in June 2014. They will need to file for extensions with the US consulate. They are aged 17 and 18. I will not be traveling with them. They already have their visa extensions approved by USCIS for another 3 years.

Q. 1: They do qualify for "drop box" application, however, in the event of the need for an interview, can they do so on their own? or need to have a guardian, my husband lives in India.

Q. 2: Since I am not traveling with them and since I will not have my passport with a current visa stamped, will this affect their visa stamping in India?

Q. 3: Another situation is that we have Green Card processing filed in the EB 2 category; will kids traveling to India at this time affect/influence their H1/H4 visa stamping in India?

Thank you!

2. No. They need a copy of your I797.

3. No

Archived