Not able to schedule H4 visa appointment

mehtachi

I would try to state my problem in clear words. I would really appreciate if someone can please help me.

Background: I came to US via company ABC. ABC had sponsored my fresh H1B petition. Even visa appointment for me and my spouse was scheduled by ABC in India. After working with them for 1 year, I switched my job. Now I am working with company XYZ. XYZ has done my H1B transfer and I have got 3 year approved I797. 

Issue: My spouse is planning to visit India. But I am not able to schedule visa appointment for her. When I try to schedule appointment online from Stanley website, error message is displayed saying that a profile already exists with the same details in Stanley website.

When I called Stanley customer care, I found out that my previous company ABC had created a profile in Stanley website for my spouse which is still active. And I wont be able to schedule any new appointment until old profile is deleted. It is my old company's fault that they didn't delete my wife's profile when I resigned. They deleted my profile but forgot to delete my wife's profile when I resigned.

When I asked customer care to delete that profile they informed me that this profile is BEP profile and customer care don't have rights to delete any BEP profile. Only BEP coordinator from my old company can delete it. Apart from this option there is no other way to delete her profile

Now I tried to contact BEP coordinator of my old company to delete it. Now my old company is saying me that they are not able to delete my wife's profile. Their BEP coordinator's credentials somehow is not allowing to delete my wife's profile. They are saying its application issue and they would take up with US embassy to resolve this. From past 3 months I am chasing this issue with my old company. And from past 1 month, they have stopped responding to any of my mails.

My wife wont be able to come back to US until this issue is resolved. Please help me what are the option that I have to resolve this. Can I send a legal notice to my old company since its their fault that they didn't delete my wife's profile when I resigned. 

I would try to state my problem in clear words. I would really appreciate if someone can please help me.

Background: I came to US via company ABC. ABC had sponsored my fresh H1B petition. Even visa appointment for me and my spouse was scheduled by ABC in India. After working with them for 1 year, I switched my job. Now I am working with company XYZ. XYZ has done my H1B transfer and I have got 3 year approved I797. 

Issue: My spouse is planning to visit India. But I am not able to schedule visa appointment for her. When I try to schedule appointment online from Stanley website, error message is displayed saying that a profile already exists with the same details in Stanley website.

When I called Stanley customer care, I found out that my previous company ABC had created a profile in Stanley website for my spouse which is still active. And I wont be able to schedule any new appointment until old profile is deleted. It is my old company's fault that they didn't delete my wife's profile when I resigned. They deleted my profile but forgot to delete my wife's profile when I resigned.

When I asked customer care to delete that profile they informed me that this profile is BEP profile and customer care don't have rights to delete any BEP profile. Only BEP coordinator from my old company can delete it. Apart from this option there is no other way to delete her profile

Now I tried to contact BEP coordinator of my old company to delete it. Now my old company is saying me that they are not able to delete my wife's profile. Their BEP coordinator's credentials somehow is not allowing to delete my wife's profile. They are saying its application issue and they would take up with US embassy to resolve this. From past 3 months I am chasing this issue with my old company. And from past 1 month, they have stopped responding to any of my mails.

My wife wont be able to come back to US until this issue is resolved. Please help me what are the option that I have to resolve this. Can I send a legal notice to my old company since its their fault that they didn't delete my wife's profile when I resigned. 

Ask your ex-employer the login and password details of the existing profile of your spouse. Change the password and later schedule an appointment.

Thank you for your response. This would help me in scheduling appointment.

But my wife would still have an active BEP profile with my ex-employer. Would this create some problem when she appears for US Visa interview?  

You guys are really helping us by showing correct way to approach. Thanks a bunch

Thank you for your response. This would help me in scheduling appointment.

But my wife would still have an active BEP profile with my ex-employer. Would this create some problem when she appears for US Visa interview?  

You guys are really helping us by showing correct way to approach. Thanks a bunch

I doubt having a BEP profile would be a problem to apply and get a H4 visa. But, I am sorry I am not 100% sure.

Earlier I was asking CGI support team to delete the BEP profile. And deleting is a big pain and it didn't happen. My wife missed the travel to India. And I lost $600 in air fare cancellation.

After your suggestion, I tried calling them again to change the mail id and they have changed my email id from corporate email address to personal email address. And it worked out. Its no longer BEP profile. Wish I could have contacted this forum earlier, it would have saved $600 for air fare cancellation. Those stupid customer care guys could have told me earlier the same thing.

Anyways it is resolved now and I have very grateful to this forum.

Earlier I was asking CGI support team to delete the BEP profile. And deleting is a big pain and it didn't happen. My wife missed the travel to India. And I lost $600 in air fare cancellation.

After your suggestion, I tried calling them again to change the mail id and they have changed my email id from corporate email address to personal email address. And it worked out. Its no longer BEP profile. Wish I could have contacted this forum earlier, it would have saved $600 for air fare cancellation. Those stupid customer care guys could have told me earlier the same thing.

Anyways it is resolved now and I have very grateful to this forum.

Even though you lost $600 it is good to know that it is resolved now. Thanks for updating the procedure.

• 4 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived