H1B stamp after visa transfer

alchemist10

Hello,

I work for a pharmaceutical company and am currently in the process of taking up a new job in a different state. My H1B began on October 2013 and the new employer wants to initiate the H1B transfer process soon. I have not yet got my initial H1B stamped as I had transitioned from a F-1 to a H1B after a year and a half on OPT. So here is the scenario that I need some help on-

Can I travel to India once the H1B for the new employer gets approved (before I begin working with them) and then apply for the stamping process on this new H1B? Would there be any problems with respect to the stamping? What documents would I have to present to the officer at the consulate? I've been told that pay stubs and W2s are required but since I would not have begun working with them I wouldn't have those. I would greatly appreciate any help on this. Please advise. 

Thanks,

AD. 

Hello,

I work for a pharmaceutical company and am currently in the process of taking up a new job in a different state. My H1B began on October 2013 and the new employer wants to initiate the H1B transfer process soon. I have not yet got my initial H1B stamped as I had transitioned from a F-1 to a H1B after a year and a half on OPT. So here is the scenario that I need some help on-

Can I travel to India once the H1B for the new employer gets approved (before I begin working with them) and then apply for the stamping process on this new H1B? Would there be any problems with respect to the stamping? What documents would I have to present to the officer at the consulate? I've been told that pay stubs and W2s are required but since I would not have begun working with them I wouldn't have those. I would greatly appreciate any help on this. Please advise. 

Thanks,

AD. 

Yes, you could travel and get a H1B visa stamped in your passport for new employer after H1B petition has been approved. You would not need new employer's W2 or pay stubs. You need I797 from new employer. Also, better to carry old employer's pay stubs, W2 etc.

Archived