OPT (F1) to H4 transfer

vish_chem

I am on OPT extension till Nov' 14. My current employment is ending this month and currently I do not have any other offer. However, my wife is on H1B and I can switch to her H4. But before doing that I want to apply for jobs and use maximum of grace period to do that. I was wondering how long I can wait for before  applying for   H4, I want to maximize the use of my grace period for searching for a job. Any help from you will be highly appreciated. 

Thank you,

I am on OPT extension till Nov' 14. My current employment is ending this month and currently I do not have any other offer. However, my wife is on H1B and I can switch to her H4. But before doing that I want to apply for jobs and use maximum of grace period to do that. I was wondering how long I can wait for before  applying for   H4, I want to maximize the use of my grace period for searching for a job. Any help from you will be highly appreciated. 
Thank you,

• An additional 30 days of unemployment time will be available during the extension, combined with the 90 days granted during initial 12-month.  The aggregate total allowed is 120 days during the possible 29 months. 

Archived