New H1B Stamping in India - DS 160 - Relative references

nivasmurthy

Hi,

I work in US and recently for 2014 quota I requested my employer to file H1B for my brother. Fortunately and by God's grace my brother got H1B approval recently and now getting ready to go for Visa Stamping in India. 

The questions are,

1. Can he mention or provide details in DS 160 or in interview that he has his brother in US and work for the same Petitioner and Employer (My petitioner is our employer too) ? and got referral for this with his brother's help?

2.If we don't provide relative details (that means my details as his brother), is there any chance that the interviewer could pull list of employees for this company ? If so they may see my brother's surname and it is obviously same as my surname

3. First of all, is it good or bad to mention about relatives in DS 160 and in interview (if they ask)? Do we really need to lie on this?

I am basically trying to avoid if there any problems in this regard.

Please help us on this. Based on your valuable answers we will get prepared for the interview.

Thank you much in advance for all your kind help on this.

niv

Hi,

I work in US and recently for 2014 quota I requested my employer to file H1B for my brother. Fortunately and by God's grace my brother got H1B approval recently and now getting ready to go for Visa Stamping in India. 

The questions are,

1. Can he mention or provide details in DS 160 or in interview that he has his brother in US and work for the same Petitioner and Employer (My petitioner is our employer too) ? and got referral for this with his brother's help?

2.If we don't provide relative details (that means my details as his brother), is there any chance that the interviewer could pull list of employees for this company ? If so they may see my brother's surname and it is obviously same as my surname

3. First of all, is it good or bad to mention about relatives in DS 160 and in interview (if they ask)? Do we really need to lie on this?

I am basically trying to avoid if there any problems in this regard.

Please help us on this. Based on your valuable answers we will get prepared for the interview.

Thank you much in advance for all your kind help on this.

niv

1. If that is the truth he has to say that if asked.

2. Hiding of facts is considered as immigration fraud. Do not even think about it.

3. Refer 2.

Archived