GC labor -- experience letters

Hi,

I am about to start my GC labor certification.

I had a question regarding Experience letters.

I have graduated on Dec 18th 2009 and My opt period started from Feb 15 2010. I joined in consultancy in Jan 2010. I got project in June 2010 so I had pay stubs from June 2010. Can I show the period from Jan 2010 to June 2010 period as working as intern/ volunteer in consultancy? I am worried that I shouldn't be unemployed more than 90 days after opt start date.

Also I am on bench for one month between couple of projects for which I don't have pay stub. Will they check all the pay stubs?

Hi,

I am about to start my GC labor certification.

I had a question regarding Experience letters.

I have graduated on Dec 18th 2009 and My opt period started from Feb 15 2010. I joined in consultancy in Jan 2010. I got project in June 2010 so I had pay stubs from June 2010. Can I show the period from Jan 2010 to June 2010 period as working as intern/ volunteer in consultancy? I am worried that I shouldn't be unemployed more than 90 days after opt start date.

Also I am on bench for one month between couple of projects for which I don't have pay stub. Will they check all the pay stubs?

Feb 15th 2010 to June 2010 will surely be a problem as you are considered out of status being unemployed for almost 3.5 months. You cannot show anything as you absolutely need to be paid during that period. Trying to lie in an immigration petition is considered as immigration fraud. If caught you should be ready to face consequences.

Yes, by allowing yourself to be effectively unemployed, i.e. on the bench with no pay, you have created a problem for yourself in further immigration filings such as a permanent residency (green card) application.  You cannot make up information like "working as an intern / volunteer".

In proper employment with a reputable, real employer you would never be not paid regardless of having a project or not.

Archived