H1b Visa Extension

santhosh2k6

i have couple of queries regarding my H1B Visa. I am holding a valid H1b Visa from Oct'13 - Sep'14. Due to some personal issues i may not travel to U.S by Sep'14. My Question is,

1. can it be possible to file H1b extension by my employer after my validity expired(thinking i didnt travel to U.S till Sep'14).
2. In case if i need to change my employer in india and planning to transfer my H1b, what extreme steps my present employer can take regarding my existing H1b and how it could impact my H1 transfer?

i have couple of queries regarding my H1B Visa. I am holding a valid H1b Visa from Oct'13 - Sep'14. Due to some personal issues i may not travel to U.S by Sep'14. My Question is,

1. can it be possible to file H1b extension by my employer after my validity expired(thinking i didnt travel to U.S till Sep'14).

2. In case if i need to change my employer in india and planning to transfer my H1b, what extreme steps my present employer can take regarding my existing H1b and how it could impact my H1 transfer?

1. Yes.

2. Current employer could revoke your H1B petition but that would not affect another employer to file a cap exempt H1B petition for you. Make sure you get I797 approval notice from your present employer.

Archived