H1 to H4 and then to H1

gpkreddy7

Hello, My employement with current employer is going to end soon (I am in 4th year of my H1). Serching for new job opportunity takes some time. Meanwhile I want to convert to H4(through my spouse's H1) and then to H1 if I find a new employer.

Question is do I need to wait 3 months to know about status of H4 and then convert to H1? Is there a way for not waiting for 3 months. I heared that there is no premium processing for H4. Please help me with your suggestions.

Hello, My employement with current employer is going to end soon (I am in 4th year of my H1). Serching for new job opportunity takes some time. Meanwhile I want to convert to H4(through my spouse's H1) and then to H1 if I find a new employer.

Question is do I need to wait 3 months to know about status of H4 and then convert to H1? Is there a way for not waiting for 3 months. I heared that there is no premium processing for H4. Please help me with your suggestions.

There is a solution. You need to exit and enter US once your H1B petition with new employer gets approved. In this way your COS from H1B to H4 gets abandoned.

Archived