Traveling outside US after H1 is approved, but before October

rajneel

Am planning to apply H1 for my wife in April, so if the H1 is picked in the lottery and lets say we get the approval in July or so, can she travel to India before October. She currently has her H4 stamped till 2016.

I heard that once H1 gets approved, though the start date is October 1st, you can enter back in the US only around Oct 1 with a H1 stamping. Anyone has an idea about this?

Am planning to apply H1 for my wife in April, so if the H1 is picked in the lottery and lets say we get the approval in July or so, can she travel to India before October. She currently has her H4 stamped till 2016.

I heard that once H1 gets approved, though the start date is October 1st, you can enter back in the US only around Oct 1 with a H1 stamping. Anyone has an idea about this?

First employer applies for H1B and not you.

If H1B is approved before her travel to India she can come back to US on H4 even before Oct 1st 2014 and start being on H1B status from oct 1st 2014. Alternatively, she could also go for a H1B visa interview if she chooses to enter just before H1B start date.

Archived