H1b Visa stamping @ Jamaica

Sreeesai

Friends

I got my visa @ Kingston last week . Mine is visa renewal . 

Travel :

Please make sure that you book refundable return ticket  and plan to stay in Kingston for a week . Visa officer told me that it will take at least a week to process the visa .

Jamaican Visa :

You will get the visa at the immigration counter in Jamaica.  They will check for Visa appointment confirmation letter, return ticket, hotel reservation . Immigration officers @ kingston airport knows that we are coming there for visa stamping . Just tell them that you are there for your visa . they will give visa for 15 days . Couple of guys got 3 months Jamaican visa

Taxi : You will get  taxi at the airport . They charge you $30 to drop you at the hotel

Hotel :

I booked a room @ Liguanea Club . It is bit expansive. Check for the private guest houses in New kingston . They are cheap . 

Food :

There are 3 Indian restaurants in Kingston . 

Visa Interview :

VO is checking all the documents . I-797, I129,W2s, pay stubs, client letters,bank statements . They are asking questions about job, roles, client location, employer information, education details. employer- employee relationship. 

Please make sure you amend your H1b and LCA if you change the client location . They are checking the amendments . 

If you are going for F1-H1, prepare for OPT,CPT questions. 

Some of the visa officers are approving H1bs during the interview process and then they are sending emails to clients, employers about the job.salary etc . Couple of guys got 221gs and are waiting for the visas.

If you have any DUI case, please be prepare to stay there for more days, they are checking the court documents and you need to go for blood test and couple of tests in Jamaica , after that there will be one more visa interview . 

please DONOT go to Jamaica if you have any issues with  I-797, I129,W2s, pay stubs, OPT/CPT , bank statements .

If you have any questions and if you need any information, please send me an email , I will reply you back

HI sree,

First of all congratulations! I have a couple of questions.

My one of my employers did not file my h1 in 2012 and i changed my employer and fortunately got my h1 approved in 2013. But inorder to work i joined ABC college took CPT like many others and stopped studying after my status changed to H1 (from oct 1st). Would this be a problem?

i had two employers During my OP period and Two in my CPT period.I did this as i was confident about any employer before. suggestion and help is appreciated.

Thanks!!

Abhi

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Sree, thank you for taking time and posting your experiences for helping forum members.

I have couple of Questions

1)Some of the visa officers are approving H1bs during the interview process and then they are sending emails to clients, employers about the job.salary etc/// can you please explain more

2)please DONOT go to Jamaica if you have any issues with  I-797, I129,W2s, pay stubs, OPT/CPT , bank statements ./// what type of issues can be there in Bank Statements?...

Thanks a lot in advance

Archived