Is there a timeline to enter US after H1 Visa stamping

w4a

I have few questions regarding  entering US after H1b Visa stamping.

Appreciate if I can get some input on the below questions.

We are staying in Canada , as I am working here.

My wife got her fresh/first time H1b Visa stamped in Canada in late last year.

However before she could enter US under her H1, she had to go to India for some personal reasons.

Now can she enter US directly from India? or is there a constraint that she has to enter US for the first time only through Canada as her stamping done in Canada?.

Also it's been more than 4 months since she got her H1B stamped. Is there a deadline or restriction that an individual should enter US within some x days from the visa issue date?

Please clarify.

I have few questions regarding  entering US after H1b Visa stamping.

Appreciate if I can get some input on the below questions.

We are staying in Canada , as I am working here.

My wife got her fresh/first time H1b Visa stamped in Canada in late last year.

However before she could enter US under her H1, she had to go to India for some personal reasons.

Now can she enter US directly from India? or is there a constraint that she has to enter US for the first time only through Canada as her stamping done in Canada?.

Also it's been more than 4 months since she got her H1B stamped. Is there a deadline or restriction that an individual should enter US within some x days from the visa issue date?

Please clarify.

She can enter from any country provided her H1B visa is valid and employer has not revoked her H1B petition. No time restriction.

From what I know, there is no requirement to enter the US directly from the country your visa has been stamped in. You can re-enter the US from any departure point as long as you have a valid visa to enter the country.

Also, I don't think there is any timeline to enter the US after your visa has been stamped, for an H-1B. Such a thing does exist, however, it's for F-1 and J-1 visas, and as long as your wife's H-1B is valid and the start date on it has passed, she should be able to enter the US on that H-1B.

Archived