I have an expired H-1B, can it be transferred to new employer?


Recommended Posts



I have an stamped H-1B in 2008 and expired in 2011. I used my Visa for 5-6 months in 2009 and since then I am in India only.


I wanted to know if my visa can still be transferred, if know then what should I do if I get an offer need H-1B?




Yes, a new employer can file a cap exempt H1B petition and you would get remainder of 5 years 6 or 7 months. You would need to provide your prospective employer your ole employer's I797. And, your prospective employer's attorney would advise you.

Link to comment


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.