1st H1B Expired in 2011, can it be transferred now?

varma_s14

Hi All,

I have been on H1B from 2008 to 2011, however i left USA in 2010, came back to India and have been working here since 2010, now my employer is willing to file an H1B for me, so

1) Can i get my last H1B transferred?

2) If not possible, can i file an H1B with Masters Cap ( I hold a masters degree from US, my first H1B was filed under the Masters Cap)

Thanks in advance...

R

Hi All,

I have been on H1B from 2008 to 2011, however i left USA in 2010, came back to India and have been working here since 2010, now my employer is willing to file an H1B for me, so

1) Can i get my last H1B transferred?

2) If not possible, can i file an H1B with Masters Cap ( I hold a masters degree from US, my first H1B was filed under the Masters Cap)

Thanks in advance...

R

1. Yes. Employer files a cap exempt H1B petition anytime and you would get 6 years - years spent on H1B.

2. Employer files a cap subject petition in April 2014 and you would get full 6 years of H1B.

Thanks Jairichi,

Will the transfer work, even if my H1B has been revoked...(I am not sure, if it has been revoked or not)?

Thanks,

R

By law an employer has to revoke your H1B petition once you stop working for that employer. And, it will not affect the outcome of subsequently filed cap exempt H1B petitions. 

Archived