Visa Stamping in Toronto Canada - January 2014

sreenigsd

I have been in the US for more than 4 years now. I did my Masters in US and then completed my OPT before getting my H1B approval.I decided to drive to Toronto, Canada to get my visa stamped. 
My interview was at 09:00 am. Reached a little early (8:00 am). Waited in Starbucks at the corner of the street. Went to stand in the queue around 8:35am. 
After you clear the security, one person collects your DS-160 confirmation and passport and puts it in an envelope and hands it back to you. Another person confirms your LOOMIS location.

For those going to Toronto-Canada, there are 3 stages. 
1) One lady checked my passport, and took my I-797 and put it in the envelope. She gave me a token number along with the contents of the envelope and asked me to go wait in line to be finger-printed. 
2) Got finger printed. Here they took the envelope containing my passport and I-797. 
3) VO called me (token number XX) to the window to be interviewed. 
VO: So your petitioner is XXXX 
ME: YES. 
VO: You came here from the US? 
VO: Are you currently working in the US? 
VO was typing something on her computer, and she suddenly looked confused. I thought something was wrong. 
VO: Have you ever been on Bench? 
ME: NO. 
VO: May I see your paystubs ? 
ME: Sure. (Gave her all my paystubs - from the beginning of when I started work) 
VO just had a look at the latest 10 paystubs. 
VO: So have you been living at XXX since you were in US? 
ME: No. I have been there since XXX 
VO: Where were you before that? 
ME: (explained my itinerary since the time I was in US - MS, job, locations etc...) 
VO kept typing something into her system, and I started getting a little anxious. Hoped everything was well. 
After a minute: 
VO: You qualify for your H1 Visa. 
ME: Thank you (with a sign of relief). 
VO. You should receive your passport within 5 business days (Handed my a white letter with instructions on collecting my passport). 

I have been in the US for more than 4 years now. I did my Masters in US and then completed my OPT before getting my H1B approval.I decided to drive to Toronto, Canada to get my visa stamped. 

My interview was at 09:00 am. Reached a little early (8:00 am). Waited in Starbucks at the corner of the street. Went to stand in the queue around 8:35am. 

After you clear the security, one person collects your DS-160 confirmation and passport and puts it in an envelope and hands it back to you. Another person confirms your LOOMIS location.

For those going to Toronto-Canada, there are 3 stages. 

1) One lady checked my passport, and took my I-797 and put it in the envelope. She gave me a token number along with the contents of the envelope and asked me to go wait in line to be finger-printed. 

2) Got finger printed. Here they took the envelope containing my passport and I-797. 

3) VO called me (token number XX) to the window to be interviewed. 

VO: So your petitioner is XXXX 

VO: You came here from the US? 

VO: Are you currently working in the US? 

VO was typing something on her computer, and she suddenly looked confused. I thought something was wrong. 

VO: Have you ever been on Bench? 

ME: NO. 

VO: May I see your paystubs ? 

ME: Sure. (Gave her all my paystubs - from the beginning of when I started work) 

VO just had a look at the latest 10 paystubs. 

VO: So have you been living at XXX since you were in US? 

ME: No. I have been there since XXX 

VO: Where were you before that? 

ME: (explained my itinerary since the time I was in US - MS, job, locations etc...) 

VO kept typing something into her system, and I started getting a little anxious. Hoped everything was well. 

After a minute: 

VO: You qualify for your H1 Visa. 

ME: Thank you (with a sign of relief). 

VO. You should receive your passport within 5 business days (Handed my a white letter with instructions on collecting my passport). 

Congrats for Visa approved!Thx for sharing your experiences.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived