Help: Difficulties in finding a job on H4

ashima18

Dear Mam/Sir,

I am on H4 and I am facing lot of trouble in finding jobs in the field of Finance to sponsor H1. I get calls as I have a good academic and professional experience but when they find that I dont have OPT etc they turn the tables. I already have a MS from one of the good schools in US.  Can you please suggest some ways of how to convince an employer to file for H1 ? They say that its too much of waiting period for them ( like they file in Apr and can start working in Oct) ,,, what probably can I say in my defense?

Dear Mam/Sir,

I am on H4 and I am facing lot of trouble in finding jobs in the field of Finance to sponsor H1. I get calls as I have a good academic and professional experience but when they find that I dont have OPT etc they turn the tables. I already have a MS from one of the good schools in US.  Can you please suggest some ways of how to convince an employer to file for H1 ? They say that its too much of waiting period for them ( like they file in Apr and can start working in Oct) ,,, what probably can I say in my defense?

It is the case with every employer. Can't help it though. You will need to find that one employer who is willing to wait.

There is nothing you can do if an employer of their own free will does not wish to file a H-1B petition to sponsor your for a job.  That is their right, and the way the U.S. system works.  There is no way to "convince" an employer to hire and sponsor you beyond presenting your qualifications (education and experience), and there is no "defense" or anything else that can be done to change the H-1B petition filing and stating dates.

Also, do not try to use another type of visa or employment authorization as a 'bridge' or try to get around the immigration laws, regulations, and rules -- that would be immigration fraud and illegal.

Archived