Regarding my eligibility to apply for PR

Hello all,

I have a question regarding my eligibility to apply for a Permanent residency in USA?

I have been in US for the last 10 years in F1 visa.I have a bachelors and masters from us university.I have never been out of status till now.
I have two elder siblings who are US citizens. So my question is, as i am over 21 yrs,unmarried how long does it take for me to get the PR in the current situation? what are my chances?

I had heard it takes 10 yrs, is it still the case?

Thanks in advance.

Hello all,

I have a question regarding my eligibility to apply for a Permanent residency in USA?

I have been in US for the last 10 years in F1 visa.I have a bachelors and masters from us university.I have never been out of status till now.

I have two elder siblings who are US citizens. So my question is, as i am over 21 yrs,unmarried how long does it take for me to get the PR in the current situation? what are my chances?

I had heard it takes 10 yrs, is it still the case?

Thanks in advance.

GC based on siblings? If yes, then the answer is 10 years or more.

Since you were on a F-1 (which does not allow immigration intent) and have otherwise not filed for immigration status (permanent residency), you are not in the 'line', and the time you spent in the U.S. to date is not applicable.  Based on your post you can pursue employment based (with a job from a sponsoring employer) and family based (sponsored by your siblings who are U.S. citizens) permanent residency.  These can be done in parallel, but in both paths the current backlogs suggest 10+ year wait (depending on your country of changeability, where you were born).

Faster way to get GC, get married soon with citizen and apply GC using fiance GC before the marriage. Once married, you will get GC soon. This is fastest track i ever seen your case.

Marriage for an immigration benefit alone is illegal - and risky to both individuals.

Archived