Travel to India on H4

charleskorey

Hi all,

My wife would be traveling to India in Feb 2014 and would be returning back in June 2014. Her passport has H4 visa valid until Nov 2014 but that was filed on the basis of my past employer's petition. I no longer work for that employer. Currently I am working for a different employer and my H1B transfer has been filed (no outcome yet). My question is, assuming H1B is approved, can my wife return to US by showing the old visa and newly approved H1B petition? or something else has to be taken care of?

Hi all,

My wife would be traveling to India in Feb 2014 and would be returning back in June 2014. Her passport has H4 visa valid until Nov 2014 but that was filed on the basis of my past employer's petition. I no longer work for that employer. Currently I am working for a different employer and my H1B transfer has been filed (no outcome yet). My question is, assuming H1B is approved, can my wife return to US by showing the old visa and newly approved H1B petition? or something else has to be taken care of?

Yes, she can use her valid H4 visa and a copy of your I797 to enter US.

Archived