How to find h1b Application General or Masters Cap

h1b_master

Because i was from one of the profit University and i need to file my h1b extension I am on my sixty year of h1b. what are my options.

And my 140 is approved.

As ms_captoh1_cap mentioned check your I129 for details. You will not get an extension if your H1B was applied under master's quota. You will come to know based on the outcome of your H1B extension decision. 

Because i was from one of the profit University and i need to file my h1b extension I am on my sixty year of h1b. what are my options.

And my 140 is approved.

Then an H1 extension is likely to get denied.

You need to see a good immigration lawyer.

but All my freinds are getting the H1b Extension for 3 years with out any problems they are from same unviersity.

According to rules, they should not. But few USCIS officials work for money(my guess) bcos a degree from private or for profit cannot be used for H1, but still their H1's are  getting approved.

Remember one thing, do not take anything for granted w.r.t immigration. USCIS can revoke the approved petition at ANY time, so it's good to follow the rules

but all my friends are getting the H1b Extension for 3 years with out any problems they are from same university.

Just because something happens and people get an approval in error does not make it right, mean that someone else will not get a dental, or prevent the USCIS for fixing their error and revoking the visa in the future.

but All my freinds are getting the H1b Extension for 3 years with out any problems they are from same unviersity.

First, you don't know their application details. they may not have applied in the Masters quota, for example.

Second, the rule is nowadays enforced. People have been getting RFEs and denials left and right. There are lots of posts on a bunch of forums about that.

H1s and H1 extensions in the Masters quota with a for-profit degree are getting denied nowadays.

Archived