Pay stub query (address on pay stub)

sree012014

Hi , 

I have a query regarding pay stub. My LCA is filed from MO state (client location), I reside in Overland park, KS (kansas) as client office is in state line road.  The distance from my home to office is 10 miles. 

Client location -> MO (on state line road)

Residing state -> KS

My employer runs my payroll from MO state (as LCA filed from this state) . What address should be the mentioned in pay stub. Is't ok if my employer mention Overland park, KS address (residing address) in the paystub. 

I am planning for my visa stamping next month. Please assist. 

Thanks,

Sree

You employer might have been mentioning it on pay stub already. Ideally it should be in CLient state but however if he running in your company location you can tell  VO that you travel to client location based on requirement and work from you employer location.

i was asked this question when i went for h1 b stamping in vancouver  as i was working in florida ( client location) and my pay roll was running in texas( Employer location). I answered the same and my visa is approved

Hi mgun84, 

Thanks for your response. It cleared my other query.  Please see my detailed info below.

My employer location is in VA (virginia). Client location (Federal Govt) is in MO (LCA filed from MO) and I reside in KS.

My first 6 months pay roll was processed from VA (employer location) but the address mentioned in these pay stubs is KS (my home address). Is that ok ?

I asked my employer to run my pay roll from MO (client location, as LCA was filed from MO) 3 months back. Since then he is processing my pay roll from MO state. The address in my last 3 months pay stubs is KS (home address).  

Let me know if anything need to be changed. If VO asks for pay stubs, let me know how many pay stubs should we provide. Is 3-6 months pay stubs sufficient ?

I know their is a clerical error made by my employer by not running my payroll from MO state since beginning. As it is a year end, while filling tax returns I will pay the residing state tax (KS) , non-residing state tax (MO). I think that should resolve the VO questions by providing him the necessary tax filling documents. 

If their is any better way to answer VO questions related to payroll, please let me know. 

Thanks,

Sree

Hi mgun84, 

Thanks for your response. It cleared my other query.  Please see my detailed info below.

My employer location is in VA (virginia). Client location (Federal Govt) is in MO (LCA filed from MO) and I reside in KS.

My first 6 months pay roll was processed from VA (employer location) but the address mentioned in these pay stubs is KS (my home address). Is that ok ?

I asked my employer to run my pay roll from MO (client location, as LCA was filed from MO) 3 months back. Since then he is processing my pay roll from MO state. The address in my last 3 months pay stubs is KS (home address).  

Let me know if anything need to be changed. If VO asks for pay stubs, let me know how many pay stubs should we provide. Is 3-6 months pay stubs sufficient ?

I know their is a clerical error made by my employer by not running my payroll from MO state since beginning. As it is a year end, while filling tax returns I will pay the residing state tax (KS) , non-residing state tax (MO). I think that should resolve the VO questions by providing him the necessary tax filling documents. 

If their is any better way to answer VO questions related to payroll, please let me know. 

Thanks,

Sree

You can just say it is my premenent address and i have provided the same address in the docs or you can say your wife/husband lives there and thats your permenent address.

When asked why changed from VA and now Missouri just tell him you used to work in vendor location and used to travel to client location then and now as client insisted you moved to MO.

My LCA was in florida(client location). my payroll was running in texas(Employer location) and i told vo i am working from texas and travelling to florida based on client requirement.  

Archived